Monday, December 14, 2009

Gut Check

I just got done listening to a sermon by Francis Chan about being a lukewarm Christian. It was based off of Revelation 3. I have been doing some serious soul searching tonight. Take a few moments and honestly answer the following questions. Ask for God's strength and truth to really empower You to open up truly to Him! Remember, the results are worth the pain.

He says in Revelation 3:20-21--Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 21 Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.

#1--Am I completely in love with Jesus! Do I enjoy and look forward to being with Him? Am I truly satisfied in my relationship with Him?

#2--Do I serve Him or others out of love or out of duty?

#3--Do I realize how much God loves me?

#4--Do I truly realize how short this side of heaven really is? Does my life reflect what is eternally valuable?

As I honestly worked through these questions myself, I must confess that I have been doing a lot of repenting and asking God to forgive me for how lukewarm I have become. THANKS BE TO GOD for His amazing love and invitation for relationship. God, I want to be with YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment