It has been almost two months since we ended our youth ministry tenure at ROC so we want to update you on what is happening.
The past two months we have been...
- building relationships in the community. God has opened up some doors and allowed us to meet some incredible people who also play a big part in the city.
- Attended a Wyandotte Rotary meeting and School Board Meeting
- Attended a Wyandotte Ministerial Association Meeting
- Going through several buildings and halls in order to find a place to lease or rent. We have narrowed our search down to three buildings.
- Organizing and preparing for running two booths at the Wyandotte Street Fair as well as serving the city that week with volunteer support.
- Organizing a group of CBC students to come the week of the Street Fair July 8-11th for a missions trip.
- Held our first launch team meeting in Wyandotte (next one is June 3rd 7 PM at Woodland Church on Van Horn)
- Working on a budget for the Wyandotte Family Indoor Playground and church
- Narrowed down our search for sound & lighting (http://www.churchinaboxsolutions.com/)
- Applying and interviewing at several jobs for additional employment (still looking)
- Have taken a church administration and law class
- Attended the Michigan District Council of the Assemblies of God
- meeting with local pastors to share vision and build unity (7 pastors so far)
The Next few months we will be...
- Attending Dave Williams Church Planting School
- Learning from other church planting coaches
- Having more launch team meetings for vision & prayer (June 3rd, 19th)
- Finishing budget for Wyandotte Family Church and Indoor Playground
- Writing a grant for the indoor playground
- Developing a proposal for a lease
- Develop the new outreach program "Family First"
- Partner with local organizations that already are reaching families
- Work the booth at Wyandotte Street Fair & serve the city
- Be involved in Wyandotte's Third Friday's
Continue to pray for us as we take steps of faith to make God's praise glorious in Wyandotte.
Here are a few ways you can continue to pray...
- God would continue to open up doors for monthly support so Jeremy can work a part-time job and focus more time and energy on the church plant & in the community building relationships
- God would supernaturally provide relationships or resources for the vision of the Indoor Playground to come to past
- For the right building to open up so we can be downtown Wyandotte
- The launch team will continue to grow in vision, passion and numbers every gathering
Thank you again for partnering with us. We love and appreciate you. We will be updating this blog often to keep you current on what God is doing in us and in Wyandotte.
PS. If you would like to support us as home missionaries you can send a donation to...
Assemblies of God Michigan District
Attn: Wyandotte Family Church #4546-C
31500 W. 13 Mile Rd. STE. 140
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
all donations will be issued a reciept for tax purposes