Thursday, December 3, 2009

Challenge from Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock says it's a blessing to meet and to portray a real Christian.


Associated Press - 12/1/2009 9:45:00 AM

LOS ANGELES - Actress Sandra Bullock says meeting Leigh Anne Tuohy, who she portrays in the new movie "The Blind Side", showed her there really are some Christians who "walk the walk."

Bullock says thanks to the Tuohys, who attend Grace Evangelical Church in Memphis, she now has "faith in those who say they represent a faith." Getting to know Leigh Anne Tuohy, says the actress, showed her that religious faith can be authentic. "She was so open and honest and forthright," Bullock shares, "and I said, wow, I finally met someone who practices but doesn't preach."

Tuohy isn't like some hypocritical church-goers she's known, adds Bullock. "The beauty of Leigh Anne was one of my biggest questions was how people use their faith and their religion as a banner," she says. "And then they don't do the right thing, but they go 'I'm a good Christian and I go to church and this is the way you should live your life.'"

Bullock admits she was wary of Christians before she met the Tuohys. "Whereas...before I was like, do not give me a lecture on how to live my life when I know I'm a pretty decent human being," says the actress. "I might not go to church everyday, but I know I do the right thing or try to. You're going to church and you're still sleeping around on your wife...how are you better than I am? So I finally met people who walk the walk."


Many people feel, think and live the same way Sandra does. Being good and trying your best is what gets us brownie points in the next world. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. You and I can never be good enough to earn salvation. Romans 3:10 says there is none that are righteous. My best day and my best efforts to be good are as filthy rags in God's presence (Isaiah 64:6)

Our hope, future and salvation is secure only because of the amazing love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He is our righteousness. He is our life!

So, because of what Christ has done lets continue to love others and let our actions speak loud. Let's continue to love those that don't deserve it. Let's continue to serve others and let God use our lives as a voice to communicate HE IS REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment