Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nightmares

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and swore you saw someone or something in your room? You jump up or sit up quickly, stunned and confused, only to realize it was your shirt hanging on the door or your pants on the floor. (I hope its not just me :)

All growing up I had nightmares thinking I saw things that weren't really there. They were so real to me that my parents couldn't convince me other wise. I remember one time I swear I saw a demon/ghost in my room so I ran downstairs as fast as I could (all in my sleep) and hid under the pool table. My parents couldn't believe how fast I ran downstairs, it must have been a Guinness's World Record.

Our walks with God are very similar. Our enemy, Satan, puts illusions of roadblocks in front of us, making us think we can't get to God. We look around and can't seem to find God anywhere. We look straight ahead and only see what resembles a giant roadblock.

Romans 8:28-30 says...For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Be encouraged today and remember that no mater how you feel right now, no matter how many days you haven't connected or spent time with God, no matter how empty and lonely you feel, no matter if you have turned your back on Him, HIS LOVE IS STILL THERE.

Turn your eyes upon God, and run to Him. As you run to Him you will realize that roadblock was a shadow and not really there. You will find yourself wrapped in God's loving arms excited that you are pursuing Him.

Question of the Day: Do you feel there is a roadblock between you and God? Once you run toward Him and find yourself in His arms, what is He saying to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment