Thursday, November 15, 2012

Can I really become comfortable at sharing my faith?



This past Sunday we part 2 of our NEW SERIES "FAITH-FULL." We are going through the book of James in the New Testament and learning how to live a faith-filled life. You can listen to part 2 visible faith on on our website at http://www.wyandottefamily.com/listen.html or you can listen on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wyandotte-family-church/id478735158?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Also encourage you to check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/wyandottefamily and check out the pictures and stories from our surprise outreach "Visible Faith." It's pretty amazing what could happen when a followers of Christ realize that we are the church, we don't go to church. When we start living as the body of Christ and being the hands and feet of Jesus, people's lives our changed!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people are intimidated when it comes to sharing their faith. They feel pressure and anxiety over it. We come up with thoughts like, "I'm not good at talking about this stuff. I always stumble over my words. I feel like I'm forcing it. I don't have all the answers so I can't say anything" 

What if there was an organic way that you could share your faith on a daily basis? What if there was a way to live a visible faith and truly making an impact? What if there was a way to share your faith regardless of your personality, temperament or abilities? 

There is one way that is powerful, fun and irrefutably when it comes to sharing your faith. There is a way to share your faith to your family, co-workers and friends that is not cramming religion down their throats. What is it? It's simply being strategic in sharing your life with others. I believe that this makes the world of difference. For so long, people feel like we are sharing a speech or trying to sell them something. Yet, as someone who has encountered the amazing and powerful love, grace and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, my life is not the same. I am a different person than I used to be. God has set me free from sin and continues to transform my heart and mind. 

Let me give you an example. You walk into work early Monday morning. What question do people commonly ask? How was your weekend? What do you normally say? Good? Alright? Too fast? Many people come into a new work week disappointed the weekend is over, with a hang over or just going through the motions. 

What would happen if you began to truly share your life with others. They ask you, "how was your weekend?" You respond by saying, "absolutely amazing!!" Wow...wait a minute, I got to hear this. Why was it amazing? Our church had a surprise gathering. I didn't know what it was but I was excited to find out. When my pastor got to the sermon, he read a passage of Scripture from the book of James (actually share about the verses) and said we were going to be the sermon today. We split up into groups of 10 and went out all over Wyandotte, Southgate and Lincoln Park blessing people with money and praying for people. I had a blast. I love serving Jesus Christ and spreading his love and grace everywhere I go. It was a special day!!

What would your co-worker say? What could they say? They most likely wouldn't refute your beliefs. They wouldn't argue with you. They won't feel pressured. Why? You are not selling or pressuring anything, you are sharing your life. People will not always agree with you but when you share your life, it has a powerful impact. 

As a passionate follower of Jesus Christ, He is our life. He is #1. He is the center of our life that everything else revolves around. If we change our perspective from having to share our faith to we get to share our life, we will see a greater impact and greater freedom. I try to share my life with as many people as possible. Why? It's who I am and what is most important to me. Jesus Christ is everything to me. If you get to know me, you'll get to know Jesus too! 

I pray that we become a people who daily live a visible faith as we share our lives with others. Why not start today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment