Wednesday, April 26, 2017

How to live in peace with all of this pressure part 2



This past Sunday we continued our series "What would happen if?..." You can listen to the podcasts or download it by clicking here WYANDOTTE FAMILY PODCAST You can also watch the sermons on our NEW You Tube Channel  CLICK HERE 

Many people strive for peace but do not walk in it? Part 1 of this blog we talked about remembering the source of your peace. If you haven't read part 1 go ahead and pause now, read it and then come back (we'll still be here :) Today we will cover Part 2.


Have you ever been enjoying a peaceful moment and out of nowhere something complete destroys it? Not only is your peaceful tranquility  completely destroyed you go from one end of the pendulum to the opposite. One moment you are peaceful, relaxed and smiling and the next moment you angry, yelling and lashing out. How does that happen? How can I remain peaceful in those moments when the kids are being disrespectful or disobedient? How can I remain peaceful when my spouse speaks rudely or down to me? How can I be peaceful when co-workers or friends at school are making fun of me or making me look foolish? 


#2 - Reflect on what is inside of you


I quoted this in part 1 but Andy Stanley says, "What is in you, will come out of you, regardless of who is with you." If you have a cup of water and you accidentally bump the glass the water will spill naturally. Our first response is, "What a klutz I am. If I didn't bump the glass the water wouldn't of spilled." Even though that is a true statement there is a deeper truth as well. If the water wasn't in the glass to start with the water would not have spilled. 

When we have people, circumstances and just plain life bump up against us we discover a lot of things we don't like. I have seen pride, anger, jealousy and even spite come out of me. Look at what Paul says...


Romans 5:5-8--Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.


I love what Craig Groeshel says, "My mind is filled with the peace of God.

In Romans 8:5-10, Paul illustrates how to be at peace. He says living by the flesh (doing whatever you want) is a sure way to be hostile to God and at war with life. But, living by the Holy Spirit is the path to peace with life." 

So when life bumps up against you and your peace disappears; PAUSE! Take a moment to reflect on what is coming out of you. Take a moment to confess your sins and your sin nature to God. PAUSE and allow the Holy Spirits love and conviction to bring change into your life. Invite His Holy Spirit in that moment to invade your life and to renew your mind. All the Holy Spirit to bring fresh peace. 



Daily Faith Prayer

Father God, I thank you that your Holy Spirit controls my mind. Thank you for renewing my mind and leading me to a life of peace. I will fix my mind on you today and follow your commands. I will walk in victory, live and peace in Jesus Name! Amen!  

Power of Music

Here is powerful song about the peace of God in the midst of the chaos of life. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment