Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Someone else will do it!!


This past Sunday we concluded our SERIES "Body Building?" This entire series we are looking at how we can "pump up" and grow as a church body (family)." You can listen to the podcast or download it at http://wyandottefamily.libsyn.com/  

You can also download an Amazon App for only $1.99 and have easy access to all of the podcasts right on your Android Smartphone or tablet.
http://www.amazon.com/Wizzard-Media-Wyandotte-Family-Church/dp/B00OZZXW56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418834318&sr=8-1&keywords=Wyandotte+Family+Church 
For Part 6 we talked about "Pumping up our Vision." The slogan this past Sunday was "What we see, becomes our reality."


The two points from this past Sunday were #1--Vision comes from God. #2--Vision is seeing what could be and what should be. I want to share a 3rd point in this blog...

#3—Vision compels us to action

In the following Verses in Acts 10 Peter went with the men to the house of Cornelius.  He didn’t just see, he was compelled to do something about it.

What is the difference between a dream and a vision? Dreamers dream about things being different; visionaries envision themselves making a difference and changing things.-Andy Stanley
 
Whenever you and I have vision, it isn't for someone else to do! God is stirring our hearts, breaking our hearts and getting our attention for action. We are called to be a part of the solution. I can't tell you how many times people have had great ideas or suggestions at church but when I ask them how they can help make it a reality, they shy away. I usually hear, "I don't have the time for it but I'm sure someone else does." If you have said that, please know I am not condemning you. All I am saying is that you are missing out. God is giving you vision so you can be a part of a blessing and a preferred future. I would rather reorganize and reprioritize by time and schedule so I could do the very thing God is calling me to do than miss out.
 
Check out this powerful verse written by the Apostle Paul...

1 Corinthians 9:16Yet preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn’t preach the Good News!

When we receive a vision from God. When we see how things should be and could be we are compelled to action. We can’t stay silent. We can’t stay in our comfort zones. We are moved to get involved. We are moved to make a difference.
 
What makes you glad?
What makes you sad?
What makes you mad?
What do you see that others do not?

Take a step of action! Follow the vision God is giving you. Get involved to making a preferred future. Don't delegate the vision that God has given you!

No comments:

Post a Comment