Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How to be truly wise!


This past Sunday we kicked off our new series "Fashion Police?" This entire series we are looking at what we are called to wear internally as followers of Christ." You can listen to the podcast or download it at http://wyandottefamily.libsyn.com/  

You can also download an Amazon App for only $1.99 and have easy access to all of the podcasts right on your Android Smartphone or tablet. http://www.amazon.com/Wizzard-Media-Wyandotte-Family-Church/dp/B00OZZXW56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418834318&sr=8-1&keywords=Wyandotte+Family+Church 

This past Sunday we talked about the GAP that exists from our head to our heart. We know far more intellectually than we live out practically. That is why Jesus said, those who hear my words and obey them, build their house on the rock. Jesus said, "If you love me, than obey my commands." Jesus was never impressed with outward appearance or flattering speech He looked at obedience and action.

A short but strongly pointed verse in the Psalms is Psalm 119:100
  I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments."

His elders may have had age, experience and even head knowledge of Scripture. But if they didn't obey and put the Scriptures into action, then they were not wise. It doesn't matter how long you have attended church or have been in your church. It doesn't matter how many bible verses you have memorized. It doesn't matter what others say about you (all three of those are important). If you and I are not living out what we know and obeying what God says, it is pointless. God isn't impressed with your badges and medals. He is looking at your heart.  

I am thankful that Jesus stood in the GAP so his grace could cover and close my GAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment