Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I've got the power or I've got no power

 

This past Sunday we concluded our SERMON SERIES "What if we have it all wrong?" We looked at what if we have it wrong about ourselves. We investigated the way we are called to view ourselves. The slogan for the morning was, "If He said it, I can do it!"

Also, at the bottom of this blog post is the take home page that we passed out at the end of the gathering.

Do you have a tendency to struggle more with self-reliance and pride or insecurity and fear? Whatever side of the pendulum we fall on, God has a different perspective or lens or us to view ourselves through. God doesn't want us to view ourselves through the lens of our past, our pain, our struggles, our failures or even or sins. He wants us to view ourselves the way He does.

The amazing reality is that throughout the Bible God chose and used people who were imperfect, flawed and unqualified. Check out this Old Testament verse.

AMO7.14.NLT But Amos replied, “I’m not a professional prophet, and I was never trained to be one. I’m just a shepherd, and I take care of sycamore-fig trees. But the Lord called me away from my flock and told me, ‘Go and prophesy to my people in Israel.

God has always delighted and still delights in using ordinary people to do extraordinary things. One of my favorite Bible verses is 1 Corinthians 1:27--Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

God loves you and wants to use you to do great things. How do I know that? The cross of Jesus Christ proves His love and passion for His people. He will call you to do things that you think, "No way, I can't do that. God who am I? I've got no power."

His reply is always the same, "Exactly, that is why I'm calling you. You can't do without me but because I say you can do, YOU CAN DO IT!" That way He gets all of the glory, we stay humble and God reveals to all of us once again that He alone is God!!






No comments:

Post a Comment