Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love is Paitent

This Past Sunday we looked at a 3rd aspect of love...patience. We shared two practical things we can all do in our daily lives to grow in this aspect of love. You can listen to the message at www.wyandottefamily.com Click on the media tab on the bottom right and select listen to messages.

To me this is a HUGE topic because patience is running thin in our culture. People are too stressed, busy, and worried to be patient. As followers of Christ we have another opportunity to shine the light of Christ as we live lives full of patience!

One of the interesting things I found in my studies was the correlation between patience and the Holy Spirit. Many times patience is mentioned in the same verse the Holy Spirit. It is also described as one of the fruits (evidence) of the Spirit.

Usually when I find myself losing patience and being short with those around me, I find myself running on empty. The reality is that we often leak. We experience God and His Holy Spirit in a prayer time or on a Sunday morning which is great. 

However, just like a car we need to constantly be filled. The more we are filled with His Spirit the more we will see patience in our lives.

Over the next 4 days why not pause and spend some time in prayer asking God to fill you with His Holy Spirit. Think about what your days ahead hold and allow God's fruit to be manifested in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment