Saturday, October 31, 2009

Stressed?


Jesus says some of the most profound words in Matthew 11:30. He says...

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

There are two perspectives on this verse.

#1--Jesus was using the example of farming of the day and meant a real ox yoke. To truly follow Him wasn't what the pharisees had made it out to be. Their yoke was much heavier then the Son of God's.

#2--The yoke was Jesus' teaching. If you carr
ied a Rabbi's yoke that means you carried & followed His teachings.

Regardless if it's #1 or #2 Jesus is communicating that HIS YOKE is light. So, what does that look like? I know what it doesn't look like? If I am living stressed, worried and with a short fuse then I'm probably not carrying Jesus' yoke.

Try to visualize this with me. Jesus carries the burden of your own life, your marriage, family, friends, job, finances etc. all on His shoulders. In return He puts
one thing on You which is actually full of peace, love, hope and Joy (Romans 14:17, 15:13).

If I can be honest, I struggle with this one often. I catch myself starting to carry the burden of the world on my shoulders and the results are usually the same...stress, fear, worry etc. When I operate in surrender and trust in my relationship with God the results are usually the same...peace, joy, strength, etc.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Are you carrying the burden of your family, marriage or job? Are you feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Following God's way is always worth it. Take Jesus up on His offer and surrender completely to His Lordship and take His yoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment