Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Battle Plan part 2


This past Sunday we continued CONCLUDED our series "TEMPTATION." This entire we have looked at the reality temptations are inevitable so we should learn how to navigate successfully through them. We also looked at a few keys to becoming stronger in resisting temptation" You can listen to the podcasts or download it by clicking here WYANDOTTE FAMILY PODCAST You can also watch the sermons on our NEW You Tube Channel  CLICK HERE 

We ended the series talking about "The Fight of your life." You and I are in a spiritual battle until we cross over from this world into the next. So, what can we do to become stronger in the battle? What can we do to not grow weary in the battle? I am going to spend the next few posts going over different ways we can not only prepare for the fight but grow in the fight.

For part 1 of the blog we looked at Tactic #1 which was worship. Let's take a look at the 2nd tactic...

Tactic #2 - The Holy Spirit 

Ephesians 5:18-Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit

Galatians 5:16-So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.

The word "Filled" with the same spirit means to be "intoxicated." Paul is saying the same way you are intoxicated with wine, be intoxicated with the Holy Spirit. When someone is intoxicated with win it will ruin their life but being intoxicated or filled with the Holy Spirit will enable you to walk in strength, power and victory. 

The Bible makes it clear that every person who puts their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior has the Holy Spirit living inside of them. (Romans 8:9-14 & Ephesians 1:13-15). The Bible also makes it clear that there is a secondary experience or outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our lives. If you read the account of the early church in the Book of Acts you will see them being filled with the Holy Spirit time and time again. It wasn't just a one time experience in Acts 2 but continues on through the entire book and throughout human history. 

Paul said in Galatians 5:16 the more we are controlled and led by the Holy Spirit the less we will do what our sinful nature craves. We need the power of the Holy Spirit at work in our lives every single day. Here is a prayer you can pray each morning. Feel free to change the words and make it your own.

"Father God I thank you so much that you sent Jesus into this world to be the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. Thank you Jesus for loving me and taking my punishment. I believe you have rose again and defeated the power of darkness and the grave. Thank you Jesus for sending your Holy Spirit to be my comforter, counselor and guide. Thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to fill me with power from on high to be a witness unto you. I pray you fill my with your Holy Spirit today once again. I want to be completely filled the way Paul writes in Ephesians 5:18. I want the Holy Spirit to direct every thought, step and attitude today according to Galatians 5:16. I surrender to myself to you and want your Holy Spirit to fill me up. In Jesus Name!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment