Saturday, December 20, 2014

What happens when I respond to Jesus' call to come part 3


This past Sunday we continued with our new series "Carols?" This entire series we are going to look at 4 specific Christmas Carols and how they apply to our lives!!! This past Sunday we looked at "O Come All Ye Faithful." You can listen to the podcast or download it at http://wyandottefamily.libsyn.com/  

You can also download an Amazon App for only $1.99 and have easy access to all of the podcasts right on your Android Smartphone. http://www.amazon.com/Wizzard-Media-Wyandotte-Family-Church/dp/B00OZZXW56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418834318&sr=8-1&keywords=Wyandotte+Family+Church 

Yesterday I blogged about the first result that happens in our lives #1-God makes us more faithful. Secondly we talked about how God makes us more joyful. Today I want to talk about the 3rd result of responding to Jesus' call to come.

#3 Jesus helps us become more triumphant

Triumphant isn't a word that we use in our culture anymore but it is a powerful word. It means victorious. The opposite of triumphant is defeated. For many followers of Christ, they walk around defeated. Many followers of Christ walk around discouraged, worried, fearful, angry, bitter, and consumed with failures.
BUT...when we respond to Jesus' call to come to Him. When we take time daily to sit at his feet and listen. When we take time to pray and read the Bible. We are reminded and our minds are renewed. We are reminded....
Psalm 23—Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.
Psalm 84:11
—No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Romans 8:28All things work together for good to those that love God and are called according to His purposes.
Isa40.29.NLT 29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Isa41.10.NLT 10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand Eph3.16.NLT I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Philippians 2:13-- 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
Philippians 4:13
13 For I can do everything through Christ,[a] who gives me strength. Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.)
Ps68.35.NLT God is awesome in his sanctuary. The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Ps68.19.NLT 19 Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms. Ephesians 1:10—Be strong in the Lord and in HIS mighty power.
The more we respond to Jesus' call to come the more triumphant we will be. WHY? Because God's presence gives us peace. His Word renews our mind. The battle is won and lost in the mind.

I pray that this Christmas season, you will find yourself responding more to the call of Jesus to come to Him. As a result may you find yourself becoming more faithful, joyful and triumphant.

No comments:

Post a Comment