Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Act 3: Persecution of the Church

Cornell Jordan came and talked about Acts 5-8 and how the church began to scatter all over because of persecution.

I have the privilege to have 3 daughters and a beautiful loving wife. I am the only guy in a house of 4 girls. Needless to say I've become very aware of how dramatic it can be to comb hair.

Sometimes the girls hair is so tangled they cry when Julie is combing their hair. They want their hair to look good and have all the tangles out but don't like the process.

As we follow Jesus on our faith journey, its very similar. We want the end result of knowing God better, experiencing his presence, love & power yet we often don't like the process.

I'm not sure what you are going through right now and I won't pretend I understand how hard or difficult the pain is. However the one thing I do know is that God is in the amazing business of taking hard times and even pain and making something beautiful out of it if we let him.

Take away: what is one difficult thing in your life right now? How can you surrender it to God and let him make something beautiful out of it? Who can you takl to about what you are going through? How does this change your perspective on the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment