Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do Hard Things


I got a chance to watch the grand finale of "The Biggest Loser" last week. The irony of it all is that I hadn't seen one episode all season. Yet, I sat there in amazement watching recap videos of every person and where they started. One lady in particular was so big and so out of shape she fell off the treadmill and started weeping she couldn't do it and wanted to quit.


What would of happened if she would have quit. She would have joined the rank of thousands of other average people living in mediocrity and probably would have been consoled and patted on the back. However, they got in her face, strongly encouraged her (lol) and she didn't give up. She did hard things and came out on top and was extremely satisfied with the results.


Doing hard things isn't popular these days or promoted. When is the last time you have seen a product advertised on TV that is going to make you work harder? Most inventions are made to make life "easier" and less work (remember the Clapper?). However, if you study the life of men & women who changed their world, they all did hard things. I red a book a few years ago called "Do hard Things" by Alex & Brett Harris. Over the next few weeks I am going to challenge you and use experts from this book to do hard things.


1 Corinthians 9:25-27 says--Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize



Get ready to do hard things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment